Nuclear Electric Insurance Limited ("NEIL") conducts its business from its corporate offices in Wilmington, Delaware. NEIL is only licensed to conduct insurance business in Delaware and Bermuda. NEIL is not licensed to conduct insurance business in any other jurisdiction, including any state of the United States. The information contained on this website is for information purposes only. Nothing on this website should be considered a solicitation or offer to purchase insurance.
Protecting your privacy is a priority for us. This privacy notice explains how and what type of personal data will be collected, why it is collected, and with whom it is shared and disclosed. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person.
By providing your personal data to NEIL, you consent to NEIL’s use and processing of such personal data. If you choose not to give us your personal data, it may delay or prevent us from fulfilling contractual requirements, including contracts with you, or otherwise doing what is required by law.
Collecting Personal Data
The personal data that we collect and hold about you will differ depending on our relationship and the services we provide. Personal information is only collected on a need-to-know basis. As we are in the business of providing insurance, claims handling, assistance and related services for businesses (we do not provide insurance to individuals), we may collect, store, and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information you provide to us when you register with our website, including first and last name, work email, work address, telephone number, and company for which you work, which allows us to communicate with you. We may also collect information about the nature of your professional experience and expertise (e.g., CV, biography). From certain individuals, we may require a date of birth, nationality and proof of ID for identification and verification purposes. If you register for any of our newsletters or attend any of our events, we will collect your contact details and register your communication preferences.
- Information about your device or computer, including your IP address, geolocation, browser type, browser version, device type, operating system, referring website and domain name, which we analyze for trends and statistics and to optimize our website.
- Information about your visits to and use of the website, including how you use the website, such as times that you log in, length of time spent on the website, frequency of log in and pattern of use, and the pages that you view, which we analyze for trends and statistics.
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or through our website, including the content of such communication and the metadata associated with it, which we analyze and provide responses thereto.
- For general inquiries submitted through our website, the information we hold is restricted to your name and contact details, and any other details you may provide in a general inquiry, but only as needed to allow us to address and respond to the inquiry. It is in NEIL’s best interest to retain this information and review any inquiries.
We do not allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information about a user’s online activities, over time and across different websites, when that user uses our website.
Disclosing Personal Data to Third Parties
We may disclose personal data we collect from you to the following third parties, for the purposes specified:
- Agents. We may disclose your personal data to certain agents or vendors for business purposes only, such as to communicate with you, or complete registration at hotels for Company meetings. Those agents may need to retain that information for their legitimate business reasons.
- Affiliates. We may disclose your personal data to our affiliates, including NEIL Overseas and NEIL Services and any other subsidiary or Member of NEIL, and each of their respective employees, officers, and directors, for legitimate business purposes only, such as providing an affiliate company with contact information to complete business matters with you.
- Other Third Parties. NEIL does not provide personal data to any third parties other than for legitimate business needs, and we provide only the data needed to meet that business need. NEIL does not provide or disclose any data to third parties for any reason not related to NEIL business matters, and NEIL never sell data to third parties.
- Other Disclosures. We may also disclose personal data we collect from you when we are required to do so by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website or company.
Right of Review, Rectification, and Erasure
You have the right to review and correct or complete the personal data collected about you. You can make changes by logging into the website and modifying any accessible personal data or by notifying us at email@example.com. You may also contact us to have your personal data removed from our records.
Retention of Personal Data
Links to Other Websites
From time to time, we may need to share personal information with NEIL’s subsidiaries that are based in the United States, in the European Union, or other foreign countries. We may also allow our service providers, who may be based in any of those locations, to access your personal information. We will always take steps to ensure that any international transfer of information is carefully managed to protect your rights and interests.